Raising Funds for South West Animal Rescue
This July, we will be raising funds for South West Animal Rescue (SWAR) at the Eaton Vet Clinic.
We are looking to focus on responsible pet ownership this month, and one of the big things we are looking to promote is desexing pets. Charities such as SWAR and SAFE are inundated with animals that desperately need homes at the moment, and the best way to deal with this problem is by sterilising pets.
For every animal desexed at the Eaton Vet Clinic in June, we will donate 10% of the desexing fee to SWAR. There is no limit on how much we will donate so the more desexing we do during July, the bigger the donation will be.
Apart from the obvious prevention of unwanted pregnancy, some of the other benefits of desexing include:
- Reduced risk of various tumours such as mammary (breast cancer), uterine and testicular cancers
- Eliminates the risk of uterine infections in dogs and cats
- Less wandering and aggression in males
- Male cats less likely to fight and pick up diseases such as cat AIDS and Feline Leukaemia or develop abscesses from fight wounds
- Reduces prostate problems in older male dogs
Please take this opportunity to help reduce the stray animal problem while at the same time raising funds for this important animal charity.